Tuesday, June 01, 2010

How wine got me.

In 2004 I fell in love with a little region in California called the "Central Coast." My wife and I were mesmorized by the beautiful rolling hills, quaint cafes and old ranch houses. We purchased a lil beach cottage in Pismo Beach so we could enjoy the area more often. Little did I know know that just 5-min down our road was a wine appellation called the Edna Valley. At the time it was kind of our little secret place, there were no signs along the hwy, it became our little haven. I really found the Pinot Noir their to be beautifully delicate, complex and delicious. At the time I had no idea what Burgundy was or any other major wine region for that matter. I eventually branched out and discovered other amazing regions surrounding the central coast namely Santa Inez, Sta. Rita Hills, Monterey, and of course Napa and Sonoma. I had always been a beer and spirits connousieur from the time I was 19. Oops! sorry mom... I made my own home brew and tried every style in the world. Wine always seemed a bit complicated, snobish and expensive. Not to mention I never had tried much that appealed to me until I drove down that road in Pismo Beach. Since then the world of wine has opened up it's blessed doors to me.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Come down to Tastes of the Valleys Wine Bar in Pismo Beach and taste wines from multiple appellations in the Central Coast. Check us out at http://www.tastesofthevalleys.com.

911 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449. Next to Guiseppe's Restaurant, in the Valentina Inn